The bSQL Database from Blockpoint Systems is a high performance relational database with built-in blockchain immutability. The bSQL database was developed to maximize data integrity and visibility while maintaining and improving upon traditional database functionality.
Like a blockchain, data in bSQL is hashed and linked. Unlike a peer-to-peer blockchain, data is not publicly distributed across machines. Data in the bSQL is never physically deleted or overwritten, instead append-only data is added to the blockchain illustrated in the figure below.
The advantage of using a Multi-Version Database are:
- Data can't be illicitly changed.
- Record history can be proven for audits.
- All versions of the database are available at any point in time.
Historical data is fast! The system is designed for heavy transaction loads and highly concurrent environments.
- Multi-Version Concurrency Control eliminates database locking.
- Indexes support faster queries and are built specifically for optimizing multi-version data.
True Data Integrity
MDB maximizes data integrity. In particular,
- All data can be mathematically proven as the original.
- Check for illicit data changes by running a single command.
- Database-level logins and fine-grained permissions.
Rich Query Language
Immutable data unlocks lots of analytical benefits as well.
- bSQL natively integrates database versioning.
- Integrate different database versions into your queries.
- Never snapshot again.
We abstract away key blockchain features so you can focus on building your application, not understanding blockchain!